BGP 642-661 Material

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by a.hassan, Oct 3, 2007.

1. a.hassan

a.hassan New Member

Dear colleagues,

i would like to start the CCIP certificate by the BGP 642-661 exam, but i am not able to find the study guide for it so that i studied it from the BSCI which is not enough.

please help me.

THANKS in advance :D

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCIP
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I don't think there are study guides that explicitly cover any of the CCIP exams except for BSCI. Unfortunately, the CCIP certification isn't popular enough for the publishers to warrant creating a study guide for the CCIP exams.

That said, there are Cisco Press books out there that relate to the subject matter. Although I've not taken the BGP exam myself, I'd probably recommend this book.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

a.hassan,

According to CiscoPress.com, the following book is recommended for the BGP exam:
    1. Internet Routing Architectures, 2nd Edition - http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=157870233X

Source:
    1. Customers and Markets > About CCIP - http://www.ciscopress.com/markets/detail.asp?st=44745

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  4. a.hassan

a.hassan New Member

Thanks colleagues for the useful information...

I found this document: Cisco BGP 642-661 Student Guide V3.0(2003), do you think is it helpfull and updated?
    Also, i am asking about Internet Routing Architecture book, is it enough to rely on it?

thanks...

5. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

a.hassan,

Are you a student of a Cisco Learning Partner?

Have you purchased the Internet Routing Architecture book yet?

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  6. a.hassan

a.hassan New Member

Are you a student of a Cisco Learning Partner?

i am not member in Cisco partner..

Have you purchased the Internet Routing Architecture book yet?

No, and i have passed the exam since 6/11/07 with 962/1000 score. Thanks to God..

for your convenience