Better say hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by stubbyd, May 28, 2011.

1. stubbyd

stubbyd New Member

Having read a few threads were "newbies" were jumped on for not having posted in here first I thought I'd better do just that ;)

Never sure what to say in these things but how about ...

Been in IT since 1985. Originally as PC install then a break/fix engineer for all desktop, server and related kit. Over the years have progressed (some would say slowly) through the ranks to the point where I now help maintain >100 client networks (includes firewalls, load balancers, routers, switches, etc) mostly on cisco kit. However we do deal with HP, 3Com and other manu's. Yes, I work for an outsourcer [spit]

Have taken and passed my CCNA when it was just plain CCNA - no version x :)

Now appear to be stuck on shifts (and wife wants me off) and need to re-cert to backup actual knowledge as employers seem more reluctant to interview based on experience - well in my part of the world they do.

So that's me - "Jack of all trades, master of none" but happy being a tech.

Howdy all.

Last edited: May 28, 2011
    Certifications: What's a cert?
  2. melhiore

melhiore Bit Poster

Hello and welcome.

Your story is really close to mine :)

Join CCNA-CCNP group if you wish. It may be good place to start your "brand new" certification track...

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CCENT
    WIP: CCNA, CCNA Security, CompTIA N+,S+, CWTS/CWNA
  3. stubbyd

stubbyd New Member

Brand new is about right .... it seems like I have a whole new perspective on life. It might be something to do with my eldest child heading off to CERN for his Uni industrial year or my youngest (8yrs) wanting to run rings round me or even my new found desire to get my black belt before I hit the big 50.

Who knows but thanks for the welcome.

Certifications: What's a cert?
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)