Beta 71-621

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Boycie, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

E-mail received from Microsoft;

You recently participated in a beta for Windows Vista exams 71-621: Upgrading Your Microsoft Certified Desktop Support (MCDST) Certification to a Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Support Technician and/or 71-622: PRO: Supporting and Troubleshooting Applications on a Microsoft Windows Vista Client for Enterprise Support Technicians. As you may know, we have had to make the decision to re-engineer these exams. As a result there will be a second beta for 71-621 and 71-622.

Why are we re-engineering the exams?
    In the interest of producing a technically accurate exam and a consistent, meaningful credential, we made the difficult decision to re-engineer exams 70-621, 70-622, and 70-623 to include coverage of several topics that were errantly left out of the original exam Objective Domain (OD). As a result, we must re-run the betas and delay the release dates for these much anticipated exams.

We regret this inconvenience; we know many of you invested time and energy into preparing and have been looking forward to your results.

What this means to your score on 71-621 and/or 71-622.
    Your first beta exams will be scored based on the results of the second beta (i.e. the final scoring model will be based on the re-engineered exams) and will be available in late May 2007. Because results from the first beta are dependent on the outcomes of the second, you will not have your results before the second beta takes place. You are not obligated to re-take the beta, but choosing to do so may increase your chances of a passing result on the final scoring model, which will include additional components.

* If you take the second beta, your first results will be dismissed; you will only be scored on your second result. See below for how to participate.
    * If you do not take the second beta, you will receive a score for the exam you have already taken. If it is a passing score, you will receive credit for the exam on your transcript. No action required.
    * In either case, Microsoft will provide you with an exam voucher should you need or choose to re-take the exam in its live form.

If you were registered for 71-623, you will receive an exclusive invitation to re-register on approximately March 15.

How to participate in the second beta.
    All candidates will receive an invitation to re-take the beta(s) via e-mail from Microsoft, with an exclusive 72 hour window to register before the invitation is distributed more broadly. If you choose to retake the beta, please register immediately upon receiving your invitation. Here is when to expect your invitation.
    Exam Beta Invite Beta Start Live Date
    621 March 22 March 29 May 17
    622 March 9 March 16 May 10

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.
    However you choose to proceed, we would like to offer you an exam voucher for use on any of the related Vista exams (70-620, 70-621, 70-622, 70-623, or 70-624) in recognition of your valuable time and contribution to Microsoft Certification. Microsoft Learning respects your time and sincerely appreciates your participation in our exam development process; we regret any inconvenience to our customers due to our mistake. Instructions on how to claim your free exam voucher will be sent to you in your beta re-take invitation(s); see table above for dates.

Once again, we appreciate your participation in the beta process and hope you will continue to partner with us in creating excellent Microsoft Certification exams. If you have any questions, please contact your Regional Service Center.

Regards,
    The Microsoft Certification Team

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Yep, info is starting to spread around. For faster info about MS certs see Trika's Bloggs :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

My reply..

Dear Microsoft Certification Team.

Get stuffed.

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Ken - Been away from the forum recently so missed a few threads. :thumbleft

Pete- It is annoying, but if i can get an extended lunch hour I might as well go back in.... If not, they can get stuffed. :D

Si

5. Kitkatninja

The good news is that we get a free voucher from MS due to this mess :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Yeah, true. Are you going to do it Ken?

7. Kitkatninja

Yep, gonna wait for the e-mail on the 22nd (I believe) and then do the exam either at the end of march or beginning of April. At least I'll have up to 3 attempts to do this exam. 2 beta's and then the free voucher.

As the free voucher is only valid for a Vista exam, if I pass the 70-621 the only other exam really left is the 70-623 - the consumer support exam, if I fail it'll be 70-621 again :lol:

Any thoughts on what exam you're going to put the free voucher towards?

-ken

8. Boycie
    Honorary Member

To be honest Ken, I haven't given it a lot of thought, but your suggestion sounds good.

I am spending almost all of my study time learning Server 2003 (including the 290 exam objectives).

Si

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Hey! This totally sucks! I took the beta for 71-620, and they SCORED IT!!! CRAP!!! I want a free voucher too, dagnabbit!!!! :x

:p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Kitkatninja

Oh well, at least you don't have to wait 7 months for your scores :)

11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

dagnabbit hehe that made me chuckle :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)