best way to study for A+??

Discussion in 'A+' started by leeroy2612, Apr 13, 2007.

1. leeroy2612

leeroy2612 Byte Poster

ok, so i e-mailed @dvent to tel them i wanted to book my A+ for around the 20th of may. they sent me a massive reply teeling me that they cant/wont book it until i can prove i am ready for it. i know im not tho, thats why i wanted to book it, to get a deadline in my head to give me a kick up the arse. makes sense i supose, we wouldnt wont them to waste any of my 5k that their not earning, would we?. anywho, ive got around 5 weeks to prepare and wondered which method was best. i was thinking of spending the 1st 2-3 weeks jus concentrating on the lower % topics: printers/professionalism/security ect and then really getting stuck into the higher % topics, so that there really fresh in my mind when the time comes. ive already read Sir Mike's 5th edition and the passport, so im hitting around the 50% mark at the mo and i received the 6th edition in the post today awoohoo!

Certifications: ecdl 1,2
    WIP: A+, mcse
  2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Im with advent aswell mate, like they said, you need to prove your ready by doing an online mock exam with them first. Anything over 70ish % is fine.

When i study, i have a quick read through the material, and then start again and work through each area in detail. Try to do as much as you can on the computer (if you have a spare computer then open it up and rebuild it etc so you get familiar with all the components etc).

Once you feel your ready, then try a transcender test and see how you do, this will show your weak areas, so you can concentrate more on studying them.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. leeroy2612

leeroy2612 Byte Poster

thats my biggest downfall at the mo, i dont have 1 that i can tinker with. my pop has a mate that works for the council, he clears out houses and can 'usually' get pc's every week, but wouldnt you know it, as soon as i need one hes not had one come up!!. im going to have to do my best to scrounge one from somewhere this week.

4. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Have you tried looking on ebay for some bargains? I got an old server off there not long ago for £17.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  5. leeroy2612

leeroy2612 Byte Poster

do ebay accept buttons... 8 months with no work, makes lee a very skint boy:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :biggrin

6. leeroy2612

leeroy2612 Byte Poster

oh by the way L....O....L them chav jokes mate, laugh.. i nearly sh@t. my mates got i clip of some chavs trying out a bit of 'gangsta' rap, its hilarious its gone rond the block that much that theres a load of parrodies of it. ill send it if i can get hold of it