Problem Best way to share Vlans/IP Address space across two physical sites over MPLS

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Coupe2T, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Hi All,

I am currently working for a company who has a single site hosting all the DC services, and some core services then also replicated to an outsourced provider.

They now want to use a secondary site we have across the other end of the country to create a backup DR site, and they are talking about new load balancers and being able to activate DR quicker etc.

I suggested that in an ideal world, we would be able to create the same VLANs in both sites with the same IP addressing, and that this would make life easier in terms of DR and failover etc.

I think that possibly VRF might help me to do this, or at least get somewhere close, but just wanted to see if anyone had any other opinions or options that might help me to do what I want to do. Or if anyone can confirm my suspicions about VRF?

I've not used VRF before, so just trying to get a grip on how it works and what it can do etc.

Or is it a case of if you want to share the vlans then it needs to be like a dark fibre solution or something like that?

Cheers

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  2. networkkiddo

networkkiddo New Member

do you have a core router ?