Best to start learning for A+ 802-802?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Rapc, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Rapc

Rapc New Member

Hi, after having a lot of uncertainty of what to do for my future. I have decided I will study for the A+ then maybe Network+ in the hopes it will get me at least a entry level job in IT. Now I was originally studying for CCNA some time ago but was put off after reading people saying there isnt much point without having done A+ and at least working in the IT industry. So having researched the A+ qualification again I am wondering if its best for me to start learning the 801-802 syllabus seeing as the old 700 exams wil be obsolete by febuary next year?

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  2. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

That seems sensible. February isn't far away and the danger is you pass the first part, and don't get around to doing the second. Then you have to do two new exams.

3. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Sounds like the best idea to go for the 801/802 as just like ade said, if you pass the 701 and then struggle on the 702 and then it expires, you have to start again by doing 801/802.

Good luck

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  4. Rapc

Rapc New Member

Thank for the replies. Think thats what I shall get cracking on then :) Also would it be possible to alter the title was meant to write 801-802 :biggrin