Best Apple cert to start with

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by onthewayout, Aug 27, 2012.

1. onthewayout

onthewayout New Member

Right, so after 6 months on the uni helpdesk I'm booked in for my A+ in October, and I've got a revision book waiting at the library :-) but I was wondering about some sort of Mac certificate too. On some days, half the people that come in/ring our helpdesk have an Apple problem, and though I've never been a fanboy I'm getting a bit better at figuring them out. I've acquired a colleague's old Macbook to muck about with too.

So I've had a look at training.apple.com, but I'm not at all sure where to start. Does Apple even have a qualification to cover experience as basic as mine, just basic troubleshooting really?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Apple's basic certifications would be the Apple Certified Associate: Mac Integration Basics 10.8 (the ACA), see here. This would cover the basics with integrating Mac's into a Windows environment.

The next stage up would be the Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP). This one would be along the lines of the MCP/MCTS level from MS :)

I'd say look into the ACA first and if you find that useful, then go onto the ACSP track :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. onthewayout

onthewayout New Member

Thanks! I wasn't sure if I'd missed one below ACA or not. Will give it a go probably soon after my A+ exams.