Being "thick" isn't limited to some people in the UK

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

NFL Star: They Speak English In London?

Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder has admitted not knowing people speak English in London.

[FONT=Verdana,arial,sans-serif][/FONT]
    The NFL player might want to check a map before he gets on board a plane for Sunday's prestige game against the New York Giants at Wembley Stadium. Crowder, who comes from Atlanta in Georgia, may be praised on the field, but confessed geography was not his strong point. He admitted he did not know until now where London was - or that Londoners spoke English.

To see the whole article, see here.

This is not to say that he's not a good sportman - an another Beckham then? :lol:

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have met people from America who have thought we all talked cockney in England.

And some I have met thought Sherlock Holmes was real.:blink

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

You mean he isn't???????? :p

Its funny because i've know yanks who can tell you that Cardiff is in Wales and that Dublin is in Ireland, but they couldn't say where Birmingham was or knew that not all people talk like on the films over here!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

me too

I live near a town called Penrith and people say you don't sound Welsh and say its not in f******* Wales yer fool, and I have had that from English, Scottish and Bengally.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I use to live in the US and my brother is American, but last time we were over there someone thought that the Czech Rep was just under Scotland and "how we like the drive across the bridge from the UK to the US".

Go figure... :rolleyes: However saying that having lived on 3 continents, I can say that people like that are everywhere :lol:

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security