Beginning the Network+

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Rob1234, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

My Manager has agreed to pay for me to self study for the N+. He has asked me what study resources I will need I was thinking these would be enough:
    David Groth
    Michael Meyers
    and also the transcender pratice exam.

Are the books I mentioned the latest and best books for the N+? Also transcender pratice exam CD-ROM costs $139 that seems alot but I have heard a lot of people recommend them.

Thanks

Certifications: A few.
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I'd say those books are the best for the exam.

The Meyers book also comes with a CD with practise exams on it, which is a usefull addition to the Trancender tests.

You will find N+ studying easier if you have access to at least some TCP/IP networks that you can break!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yes those are the ones you need.

The exam is now called N+ 2007 but it is still the 2005 objectives with added bits apparently but nothing that you will either not know or that wont be eluded to in those other books.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Rob1234

Thanks for that guys. I thought they were the right books just wanted to make sure, I will order the transcender pratice exam CD-ROM as well I expect it will take awhile to arrive as it comes from America.

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Seems like you're all set up. Yes, transcender is pricey, but worth it. Good luck. :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Yes I can confirm the Network+ 2007 is still testing on the 2005 objectives, it's just they have revised what angle they ask the question...if thats understandable?!?

If you know the 2005 objectives you'll have to problems passing the exam.

Good luck and feel free to post any question you may have during your studies..

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  7. Rob1234

When I order the transcender practice exam I am going to order the download version but will they still send me an invoice or receipt as I will have to show one to my manager, I looked on the website but it did not say.

8. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

good luck with your studies, i have the Groth book book, its very informative.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You will recieve confirmation by email so this will count as an ivoice as it should have the price paid, vat etc on it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Good to hear you're being supported by your manager and best wishes with the N+ studies:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell