Been a while but still rollin

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by mikesta, Feb 18, 2004.

1. mikesta

mikesta Bit Poster

Hi everyone
    Just thought I`d do an update as its ages since I last posted. I`d just passed 216 and 217. After that things went a bit mad as I applied for an IT technicians job at local secondary school, an went and got the damn thing :eek: Obviously my fantastic charm and interview technique swung it for me :D It just goes to show that its worth getting your certification because I was lorry driving before I started studying, so no previous experience there :!: To top it all off, I`m going to apply for the network managers job in a week or so. That may sound a bit mad, but the head of IT thinks I`d be a good choice, and Ive got on amazingly well since I started there, even tho at the beginning I felt like I`d forgotten everything I ever knew about computers :roll:
    Sorry about all this waffle, but what I want to say is keep plugging away at those exams, as there are plenty of jobs out there if you look and it is definately worth it. This is the first time in my life where I actually enjoy going to work :P Still got to do 219,20 and 21 and finding it hard to make time to study now. Head of IT thinks Im going to redesign the network once I`ve passed...Yikes!!!

Moderator Note: Moved to Employment & Jobs

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Great news, Mike - good to hear things going your way :thumbleft

Keep posting, mate - messages like that give everyone a lift.

Well done again :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Too Shay

Congrats

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  4. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Sounds like you've been a busy guy mikesta. I work for a secondary school as a the senior tech and just last week applied for the position of Network Manager. :D Its seems our life's are taking a similar avenue.

How are you enjoying the work? Do you have a 52 week contract or are you one of the luck ones that get the school holidays off?

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Good luck with that one, Si (you dark-horse, you) :D :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. mikesta

mikesta Bit Poster

Wow spooky SimonV
    At the moment I`m on 43 week contract but thats reflected in the pro rata`d pay :( but the network managers job is 52 week contract like I`m assuming yours is, due to your comment about lucky ones with school hols off :D . If I dont get it Ill still hope to get senior tech soon. Virtually same job bit more dosh,43 weeks so not too bad :) Will have to negotiate wages for network manager cos as you will know, local councils arent the best payers in the world :roll:

PS Good Luck with Job app :smilesco:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  7. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Thats right it will be a 52 week contract. :( but its not exactly a high pressured environment. Well until things don't work then the pressures on.

I've had a few different jobs in the past but working in a school is something else and the budget is nice to have every year.

All the best with the job app and fingers crossed for the both of us.

How big a network are you working on in your school?

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...