Be future-proof with a broader set of skills

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Be future-proof with a broader set of skills

IT professionals will need a more sophisticated, business-focused skillset to meet changing demands, with integration, mobile IT and security expertise at a premium, says Karen Price

An E-Skills UK survey of more than 1,000 employers found that nearly three-quarters of IT jobs advertised were new roles. Two-thirds of these vacancies were the result of business expansion.

These figures suggest a vibrant job market for IT professionals. Yet the same survey also found that at least one-tenth of these companies were having difficulties recruiting IT staff with the required skills and experience.

E-Skills UK and Gartner have undertaken a review of the UK's IT skills landscape to evaluate what skills and experience employers are looking for. This work reveals the trends likely to affect the IT workforce over the next five years and beyond, and the implications for skills.

Read the whole story here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments