Be careful on dating sites!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by noelg24, Dec 14, 2005.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Guys this is why we shouldnt be doing this...Trip please take note...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/14/man_woos_mother/

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Geez, Noel. What do I look like...Oedipus? :blink

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hey, I met my boyfriend on a dating site!!!!

lol. That's one bad story. Internet dating will never lose its stigma of being icky and bad. I think it's hilarious. Been dating 7 months, and I'm still telling the fella that I'll murder him soon and bury him under the patio :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

who is Oedipus? :eek: tell me he didnt date his mother?!?!

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

yeah I was only joking..I kinda remember him...sad fella...

7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I am getting 404 page not found errors :cry:

I presume someone went on a dating site and ended up with Oedipus's mother. Am I right? :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

So am I. Must be an issue with The Register. Pete, basically, this guy in France started wooing a gal on the internet. They exchanged info and found out they really liked each other. He asked for her pic and she scanned in a pic of a gal from a men's magazine. He was floored and asked to meet with her. She said ok but warned him that he'd be disappointed. At this point, they hadn't exchanged their real names or photos.

They arranged to meet on a beach at a prearranged day and time. The fellow showed up and there she was, dressed in a pink top and white shorts just as she said she'd be. He got closer and she turned to face him. Excitement and erotic arousal gave way to horror as the guy saw that his "dream date" was his own mother!

As they were both standing there aghast, a police officer ticketed them both for being on a restricted beach after sundown. They were so shocked that they blurted out the whole story to the officer. He wrote it up and the press picked up the story. Now they can't walk down the street anywhere without people pointing at them and laughing.

I wonder if Oedipus had the easier time? :tongue

Oh...the mother is apparently still married to the man's father and the father is none too pleased. He's banned his wife from the Internet.

9. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

i should think his wife being on t'internet would be the least of his troubles if his son has "that" complex!

keep yer son away from the tool shed would be a start.......:tongue

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  10. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

no but Moom the hubby is right in banning his missus from the internet...maybe her marriage is that bad she resorted to online dating...guess she just wasnt expecting her son to be the one she would be chatting up!!! man that is just vile!!!

11. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

you guys are right...its no longer on the site!!! why did they take it off? I enjoyed that story...I have looked high and low for it all over the site and cant find it at all!!! damn u!!

12. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

yeah i know noel! i meant that i'd rather a cheating wife than my son to murder me. capiche? lol! :tongue

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+