BCS via employer

Discussion in 'Professional Associations' started by hbroomhall, Apr 18, 2008.

1. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

After a couple of threads recently about the BCS it seemed like a happy coincidence that I got a note from work saying that they would sponsor and pay for BCS membership for me.

Looking through some threads here this seems to be fairly common practice. Anybody care to comment?

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I think that you're right in that many places pay for peoples memberships. I know that if I asked my place would do it for me.

Personally though I like to keep my professional memberships with myself so I opt to pay my own fee's. (thats also probably why I am still an AMBCS and not an MBCS)

3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I paid for my own membership... just like I pay for my own books and exams... that way, I owe no-one anything. :D

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep, that's been my experience - the companies I've worked for have been willing to pay for things like that.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

I paid for my MBCS and my employer said today they would pay for me to go on a course for Security+ .. fair deal I thought :)