BCS/IET Turing Lecture 2009

Discussion in 'Professional Associations' started by Kitkatninja, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

BCS/IET Turing Lecture 2009

"Information Engineering and its Future"

Professor Sir Michael Brady FRS FEng, BP Professor of Information Engineering, University of Oxford.

The forthcoming annual BCS/IET Turing Lecture will be held at the IET, Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL on Tuesday 27 January 2009 and is a joint event organised by BCS and the IET.

The lecture will be given by Professor Sir Michael Brady, who will explore the question "What is Information Engineering?", drawing on the experience of his 20 years work at Oxford University. Summarising his knowledge in the areas of mobile robotics, computer vision, signal processing, medical image analysis and artificial intelligence, he will then examine what information engineering really means and the possibilities for the future of this field.

The event commences with registration and refreshments from 6.00pm. The lecture will begin at 6.30pm. The lecture will be followed by a fork buffet networking event. We expect the event to close around 9.30pm.

The lecture is free and open to BCS/IET members and non-members. There will be a charge to attend the fork buffet networking event.

To book for the event, see here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security