BCS Article - Certification - the key to success

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by kevicho, Sep 17, 2008.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

http://www.bcs.org/server.php?show=ConWebDoc.18877

I think this is a great quote from the above article, while i dont think certification is the be all and end all when it comes to working in IT, the benefits of certification are immense, and have helped this guy forge a career.

Good luck with all your certifications :D

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I kinda like the article. I was expecting it to be very biased but am glad it isn't.

Nice find. :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Pretty much a geniune piece of writing by a BCS member.

Its a good thing being a BCS member ;) (They should put me on commision)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  4. Qs

Haha, well if you get any cash from it be sure to let me know :p

NB - People use the ";)" as a winking smiley damnit!... why, oh why won't they add it to the list of smilies?!

*sob*

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I'm going to hit you with a shovel in a minute :twisted:

Learn to use the shortcut to it :wink:

It is : wink :

remove the spaces around the ::'s

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. Qs

Oh I know that matey, I'm just stubborn. ;)

I mean.... :wink:

7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Yeah you won't be moving anywhere when I've finished with the shovel :twisted: :p :D

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

He's actually in training to become as stubborn as me. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Qs

It's a world domination thing, and he's right.

For instance the only reason I passed my CCNA without any experience whatsoever was because BM said that wasn't the way to do it.

:p

10. BosonMichael

I also suggested not putting the CCNA on your resume, but you listened to me... come on, put it on there.... :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  11. Qs

Gosh darnit!

12. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Ok tell Qs NOT to jump off the white cliffs of dover :twisted: :D

13. BosonMichael

Come on, doncha want to keep playing this game? :twisted:

14. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

EDIT: (should put something on topic really!) - nice article and sentiments Kev. Honestly. Just didn't want the thread to be hijacked yet more :oops:

Will you two boys stop flirting :twisted:

*scarpers*

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  15. BosonMichael

We got tired of waiting for you to come around.

16. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

good read that. 8)

now to get back to the books... :study

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  17. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Nice article Kev, thanks for sharing:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell