BCS and CompTIA work together to help organisations meet 2010 emissions goals

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

BCS and CompTIA work together to help organisations meet 2010 emissions goals

As part of its ongoing work to lead the way in Green IT, BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, has today welcomed the launch of Strata Green IT, a new green IT certificate from CompTIA, the global IT association.

The new certificate complements the Institute’s recently launched Foundation Certificate in IT which is aimed at helping policy makers and facilities managers understand regulations, legislation, carbon energy accounting and green IT strategies. The qualification is available via Prometric testing centres worldwide.

Welcoming the launch of Strata Green IT, Richard French, Product Manager for green IT for the Institute comments: “We are delighted to be working together in such an important area. As global IT organisations, we feel it is our duty to address key issues like green IT and support the industry to overcome them. Between us, we are meeting the challenge at all levels, to help ensure it is dealt with in the most effective way possible.”

Read the article here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. greenbrucelee
      greenbrucelee
      God dammit its all a bunch of bull****. I wish everyone would **** off about cimate change etc. Everyone has based it on what Al gore said. Al gore is about as intelligent as one of my curry turds. Fair enough helping people into the industry or helping them progress but this green crap is getting as bad as health n safety. Basically a buch of **** and common sense.
      Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
    2. Modey
      Modey
      I bet you wish you hadn't jumped on the bandwagon now eh? I mean, just look at your name! :)
    3. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      I'll say what I said in the other thread...

The surefire way to have me trash your resume or CV is to do one of the following:

1) admit to being a braindumper
      2) get overcertified without the experience to back it up
      3) indicate to me that you buy into all the man-made global warming nonsense
    4. Len
      Len
      :lolbang
      Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
    5. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      However there are 4 things that haven't been said, regardless of whether or not you believe in Global Warming:

1. After the initial out lay for changing to Green Tech, businesses will be saving money on running costs from eg lower powered PC's, server virtualisation, and thin clients etc... Less money paid out = more profit for the organisation.

2. Law, Legislation and Compliance. E.g. Carbon Reduction Commitment (UK)

3. Social Acceptance, like "fair trade" products, organisations that are "green" have access to another market.

4. Besides... You do not have to take this certification (or the Comptia one).

-Ken
    6. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      Whatever that means.
    7. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      Thank God we don't have any of that mess yet.

For those of you who don't know... carbon dioxide is NOT a pollutant.

Social acceptance? Please. :rolleyes:

In truth, I'm glad that they have these initiatives, so I can know those companies who choose to waste money due to a bunch of misinformation... so I can choose to not do business with them.

No, I don't have to take that certification. But I can choose to pass on those who do.

Sorry, dude, I'm a degreed chemist, and the whole "green initiative" is a load of crap.