BAU -day to day I.T work vs Project work?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by mitufrim, Feb 15, 2012.

1. mitufrim

mitufrim Bit Poster

BAU -day to day I.T work vs Project work?

which is better?

is it bad that you only get to do day to day i.t work (BAU) and not any project work at all or?

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

That is a "fuzzy" term, what may be "better" for one person may not be "better" for another.

Personally speaking, at the moment, I prefer more project work compared to the day to day IT support (my job role is a combination of the two). However if I had to do project work all the time, I may be saying a totally different thing :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

I much prefer project work myself, taking a solution from conception to being in place and common practice is a great feeling. However, that said nothing like being the hero riding to the rescue on a support case, especially one that somone has spent hours on, only for you to ride in and fix it in a couple of clicks :).

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  4. mitufrim

mitufrim Bit Poster

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Each to their own. Ideally you can get a taste of both but for me, at the moment, I like getting a ticket and fixing an issue. I also like speaking to the users so BAU for me right now.

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs