Basic interactive pc training?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by mikehende, Jun 29, 2006.

1. mikehende

mikehende Kilobyte Poster

I am not sure this is the correct forum for this, if not please delete it with my apologies, thanks.

I have a friend who needs my help with his pc from time to time and I help him out over the phone, he is a Pharmacist and so has a career but not much time to devote to pc studies, he would like however, to take a course in basic pc operation, maintenance and troubleshooting so he could do all or most of his pc stuff on his own therefore this is not for certification purposes of any sort, one thing I can see, he "wants" to learn this pc stuff. He would prefer an interactive training course but would like to look into all options, can you guys refer me to any such courses which will suit his need please? Thanks.

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

It used to be the case that Local Edu Auth would run these type of courses, mostly as 'night school' type operations.

However the government reallocation of funds seems to have knocked this on the head in many areas.

Still worth checking out though.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

and also may do weekends aswell as evenings...

4. mikehende

mikehende Kilobyte Poster

Silly me again, he needs to study this either at home [cd/dvd or vhs] or online, sorry for not including this info.

5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I can recommend the A+ Video CD Rom course from here even if your friend doesn't want to take the exams, he will benefit from the training...

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT