1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by LukeP, Oct 14, 2011.

1. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Hi there!

So... I'm back. After rather unpleasant incident few months ago I totally lost the desire to visit CertForums. This combined with my new (at the time) rather demanding job made me stop participating in CF community.

I think I finally got over the fact I got infraction for f**k all and the big project at work is nearly finished so I thought I'll drop by and say Hi.

In case anyone's interested what the big project was:
    - Migration of SBS 2003 to 2008 R2 domain and Exchange 2010
    - Cleaning up AD after removing (as in just offline the server) of unsuccessful SCOM and SCCM installations by my predecessor. + DNS sort out
    - Design and deployment of a virtual infrastructure for testing (we're a software development house) - 150+ VMs
    - Design and deployment of our internal infrastructure (upgrade in some instances) - Sharepoint 2010, TFS 2008, 4 SQL Servers + bog standard file/print/etc. services
    - Deployment of Forefront TMG 2010 array
    - Rolling out DPM 2010 backup solution backing up 6TB of data every day
    - Rewiring and rearranging all racks
    - Rewiring and fixing our VoIP infrastructure
    - Cleaning up other mess after my predecessor was dismissed for not having a clue.
    - Mirrored pair of live SQL Server database servers in our web hosting environment (the one that hosts our customers' sites)

By the way: All this has been delivered with no downtime in service during the office hours, so loads of overtime, evenings and weekends at work.

To Do:
    - Whole live hosting infrastructure redesign
    - SCOM for both networks (internal and one in the datacentre) - waiting for 2012 version
    - SCVMM when 2012 comes out

Anyway, good to be back.

Luke

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
    WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Welcome back, you have sure been busy! 8)

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Welcome back and good to hear you've been busy is a productive way. Mate life is too short to worry about the insecurities of others especially on a public forum:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

Good stuff Luke! Sounds like you have had some great experience. and Welcome back!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011
    Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Welcome back Luke.

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  6. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP