Back to beat the beast

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by Chriseast1, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Chriseast1

Chriseast1 Bit Poster

Right. After about 9 months of no certs due to a job change I am jumping back on the wagon with the 291. Once this is out of the way I have my MSCA. Just thought I would post again to try and get myself into the swing of things again.

Plan is to build a few virtual machines and work through the MS press 291 book taking notes as I go about any areas that are not too clear. Then using technet etc to fill in the gaps. Its worked so far for the other exams so hopefully it will work for the beast. Networking is not my bag because I have always worked at placed with stand alone network teams so this one could be a bit harder. Wish me luck.

Certifications: see signature
    WIP: MCSA next up 291
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Good luck!

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck with the beast :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. daft_togger

daft_togger Nibble Poster

Yea, I'm in the same boat, I passed the Vista exam some months back and have been avoiding this exam due to practically everyone telling me it's so hard......but as they say, you can run, but you can't hide........well I've sure given running a good go....but ultimately if I want to get the MCSE, this one is mandatory and quite right.......I'm gonna study this one as if my life depended on it.........so I wish us both luck !

Certifications: 70-290, 70-620
    WIP: 70-291