Back on the gym roll

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Ryan, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan Byte Poster

Been goin the gym for about 2 years now, moved out of my mums place about 4 months ago and since then ive lost weight with living on my own and not being able to afford plenty of food because of having to by furniture etc

Just got back on it all last week with the weight gain and diet plans etc,

Been doing some CV at the gym recently as well (running machines etc)

lets hope i can get back up to benching 100kg again, tried my max last week and got 70 kg :( amazing how fast your body degenerates

Anyone else a gym go-er?

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP:EA, Microsoft Certified Solutions Ascociate (2008), 70-662
  2. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I used to go to the gym 3 times a week and do mainly weights. I gave it up when I joined the inland revenue as the place sucked the life out of me but I'm going for the first time in years tonight but I'm not expecting anything special. I'll be lucky to be able to lift just the bar let alone with weights on it. I think years of drinking and cigs might of taken it's toll :(

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  3. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

I am a gym goer, just haven't been for a while now but am turning that around next week! Most nights we get home from work and walk on the beach. We use the same starting point each time but pick out a different hotel or building on the beach and use that as the target to walk to and then turn back.

A lot of people do the same thing but use the main road instead of the beach. I find walking on the sand makes the walk a bit more of a workout. Aside from walking most weekends we go snorkeling or out on a boat and swim and that gets you your exercise too.

Must get back to the gym at some point though, I miss the CV and weights!!

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  4. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I go running a couple of times a week, 4 or 5 miles to keep meself trim.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  5. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

Yeah I go when I can (have to with a partner who's a gym manager).. been curtailed a bit as I had a serious knee opp last year and found out Monday I might need a partial knee replacement - joy!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Same here, I started going to the gym abour a year ago and still going. Keeps you in good shape.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. vlb

vlb Byte Poster

yer been doing weight lifting for about 5 years now. thing is i never could eat all the protein so although i am pretty strong (bench 95kg, arm curl 55kg etc) i aint huge.

defined to the max though :)

Certifications: MCDST, MCP 70-294
    WIP: MCSE
  8. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Used to go regular, just havent been bothered lately. I need to get back into it but something always comes up. My gym pic is in me profile. :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Not this week, but yeah...generally. Weights and aerobic machine. Lost 30 pounds and going for 15 or 20 more. Since I changed jobs, I'm not close enough to my gym to work out during lunch so I have to do it after work, which just about kills me. I think my body's timing is geared midday workouts for some reason.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Whats a gym :twisted:

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  11. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I used to hit the gym about three times a week, however since I got a dog I rarely got anymore. Sometimes I manage to get there on a saturday morning, but that depends on what I was upto on the friday night!

These days I get most of my exercise by taking the dog out for an hour in the morning and then an hour when I get in on a night.

12. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

i never used to use the gym because i did loads of sports but i had to join when i tore the cartilege in my knee the first time. i was going about 3-4 times a week up until i tore it again (both times playing football). since then i just havent been motivated to go :(

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  13. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

Hi i use to go a couple of times a week, then go for a swim found it kept me in good shape.
    dont go any more but find im still in good shape thats if you can call round a good shape

WIP: C++ and A+
  14. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

wow you live right near me

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  15. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

where about in Kent are you then:ohmy

WIP: C++ and A+
  16. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I pass by several gyms each day on the way to and from work. :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  17. BosonMichael

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  18. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I used to go until I developed internal bleed from the blood vessels in my eyes, so gyms a no no.

I just stick to the curries these days they are better for you :blink:twisted::D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  19. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Have you picked up a "stutter", Michael? :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  20. BosonMichael

:blink

Crap, perhaps I should go to the gym! :ohmy