Average booking time for A+ and N+ exams

Discussion in 'A+' started by prahadan, Oct 19, 2007.

1. prahadan

prahadan New Member

Perhaps it's a 'how long's a piece of string' question, but...

I'm just about to start self-study for the A+ and then the N+ exams, and wondering how far in advance I need to book the exams. I'm based in London so I'm guessing there will be a few test centres, but I'm also guessing that if I start studying tomorrow and feel ready to take the A+ at the beginning of December I can't just pick up the phone, call my local test centre and take the exam the following day.

Any opinions or past experience will be most welcome.

Dan.

2. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

I took my A+ exams in London there are loads of test centres you will find one that will let you book you test one day and do it the next. Some places do have a long waiting list though.

Certifications: A few.
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Your correct, we're lucky in London theres always a test centre nearby that we can book for the following day. I'd suggest you do that, but if you do want to book them now, you can do that as well. If you feel your not ready for the exam when the time comes, you can rearrange with no extra charge.

Welcome to CF by the way :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Hey Dan,

When it comes to booking for your exam, I think you theoretically have to give 24 hours notice.

I rarely book my exams longer than 1 week in the future, and booked an exam for today on tuesday. Being in london, i can't see any issue with say booking an exam on wednesday to sit on a friday.

You have to remember that test centres do get booked up, and that you may not neccessarily get a free spot at your chosen test centre, but being in London, there are so many to choose from that you could always just search around and chances are you'd find a free spot.

You can book with either of the big test centres 'Prometric' and 'Vue' which list the test sites that you can book with, but remember that both sites have different test centres and different locations.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  5. prahadan

prahadan New Member

That sets my mind at ease, now I can get on with the studying!

Cheers,

Dan.

6. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

Remember you can book on line.

It might pay you to book just before you are ready to take the exam.

Setting a deadline like this motvates me for that extra bit of study / revision!

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK