Avengers Assemble - Awesome!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hey all,

Went to see Avengers Assemble yesterday at Star City. I won't give away any spoilers (unless you want me to), however I just have to say that the movie was/is awesome.

IMO, this is the first (live action) film where the Hulk does not look cartoonie, eg the CGI was not half bad :) Plus he had a couple of excellent one liners (yes, I'm a Hulk fan).

If you haven't seen the commerical, see here:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2014
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

I'm really looking forward to this...

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
  3. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

Have spent this week re watching, ironman, ironman 2, thor, captain america and hulk. Cant wait to see the Avengers now, hopefully going to see it tonight!!

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
  4. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

Not being a fan of multimillion-switchmybrainoff entertainment, I am telling myself I am only going to watch it because of red-haired Scarlett... ;)

5. jamesclimax

jamesclimax Nibble Poster

I took the kids to see this yesterday (Sunday) and I thought it was absolutely brilliant. It's proper entertainment. Never a dull moment. The action is great, the CGI is great and there are some great one-liners and funny moments. The Hulk is the best thing about it (red-haired Scarlett Johansson in a black cat-suit ain't bad either!!) Cannot recommend this film enough. Along with Rise of the Planet of the Apes, it's one of the best films i've seen in the last 2 / 3 years

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS
    WIP: MCTS 70-659, Oracle, SQL, ITIL
  6. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Its released tomorrow here so definitely going to watch it, the digital screens here are terrific too.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  7. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

I saw it on Friday, superb fun. You can tell that Joss Weadon had a major hand in the writing as well as the directing duties. If you even kinda liked any of the marvel films from Iorn man onwards be good to yourself and go and see it.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Definitely can't wait to watch this movie. I heard nothing but great reviews on this film.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

for some reason its not released till FRIDAY here, so i'll kindly thank you all to STFU!!! ;)
    and i'll repeat, no spoilers haha

it was funny, the redbox last week restrocked 'ironman, ironman2, thor, captain america' on DVD and Blu-Ray for our drooling pre-game pleasure :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  10. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Watched this last night in 3D, and I have to say it was a brilliant movie!!! Good pace to it, plenty to action and some brilliant comedy along the way as well.

Hulk is absolutely fantastic in it and easily has the funniest parts in the movie for my money. Had me near tears of laughter on a couple of occasions.

Go and see it if you haven't, well worth the price of a cinema ticket (Which imo is not usually the case with films these days).

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!