Aus vs England in Germany?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zimbo, Nov 17, 2005.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

now that aussie has made the finals.. i wouldnt bet against it that the two meet in the group stages eventually!

should be a cracker if they do! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

At last - a team the Scots can support in the finals !!! Beaut - VBs all round *toss* :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Pedrito

Pedrito Nibble Poster

I'm just hoping that the Portuguese players wake up and realize that to win something, they not only need to reach the final, but they also need to WIN AGAINST THE OTHER TEAM :eek:

(EURO 2004) 2-1 loss against Greece in the opening match. 1-0 loss against GREECE in the final. I mean, COME ON :blink

WIP: A+; N+; MCSE
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

HELLAS HELLAS!! :biggrin yeah but look the greeks didnt even make the world cup!

5. Pedrito

Pedrito Nibble Poster

That actually makes it worst, Greece not making the cut that is :rolleyes:. They could had least have had the courtesy to pretend that they were actually a good side and not just a one hit wonder! :biggrin

What ticks me off is that Portugal has always had some quality players! Sure the offensive play is pretty and exciting to look at. But if all of this results in a loss, what good is it for? :dry

Mourinho managed to shrug off top quality teams, when he was at FC Porto, without any "superstars". We had Baia, Carvalho, Andrade, Ferreira, Costinha, Deco, Figo, Ronaldo (he's still young though), Pauleta (who by the way didn't even score once :rolleyes: )...I think you can catch my drift. :oops:

6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Patrau obrigado!

the greeks were not one hit wonders they were the champions of europe errr just like liverpool! :biggrin

tut tut why is that mediterianeans just cant agree on anything? :blink

7. Pedrito

Pedrito Nibble Poster

I totally disagree with this statement. The only time I disagreed with something was when I ate a dubious chinese takeaway not so long ago. :sick

:biggrin (But are you talking about the Liverpool of today or the Liverpool from the 70s. I don't know much about them then, but I do know that they were a formidable force in European football.)

P.S. nice try with the lingo! I'm not too sure on 'patrau' though. Did you mean Patrao?

8. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

liverpool were jammy as hell, and the chelsea boys were robbed! anyway, back to the thread! :offtopic

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Strange lack of English input on this one so far. Oh well, fire up the barbie, send the shielas for another crate or twelve, and let's have a Four'n'Twenty till the tucker's done.

More VBs ? *toss*

8)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  10. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

it hasnt had the effect i thought it would!

oh i heard johnno wilko is getting aussie nationality? shame :cry:

11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I think it is brilliant that Australia has finally after 32 years trying, qualified for the world cup. Hopefully it will take the focus away from what they call footy which is rugby and we will see more real football on the TVs here now.

The Australian side looks quite good IMHO, not great but what team can play brilliantly together at this stage?

Oz Vs England, I certainly hope so, it would be excellent for the game here.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)