audit policy

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Danmurph, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

Hi guys,

Im reading a microsoft press book, im a bit stuck on the section about audit policy, I understand what it is and how it works but what I cant figure out (what the book doesnt say) is how to set it up, to record and view events, i want to test failed logon attempts, I figured out object access

thanks

Danny

Certifications: MCDST, MCP, A+
    WIP: Everything!!
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

+firstly, you have enable auditing either by using ad or the lgpo (gpedit.msc), drill down to computer config\windows settings\security settings\local policies\audit policy. enable what you want to do there.

then goto the folder or resource you want to audit and then goto the security settings\advanced and choose the audit tab and add the auditing options in there.

logon events though should be audited just bgy doing the first bit and will appear in the security event viewer.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

Thankyou so much

Why doesn't the book tell me this, oh well, now I know :D

Danny

Certifications: MCDST, MCP, A+
    WIP: Everything!!