Audio Driver?

Discussion in 'Software' started by elli5on, Jun 1, 2007.

1. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Hi everyone, So here is my question. I have recently Formatted a friends pc due to serious registry errors and viruses.

I have managed to install all driver's except for the Audio driver. I have gone to the Compaq Website and downloaded all necessary driver's for graphics, Sound, Chipset, Ethernet controller etc etc.

I tried to install the Audio Driver and ge the following..... ''The realtek HD audio driver cannot be installed until the UAA HIGH DEFINITION BUS DRIVER'' is installed. This can be installed from microsoft website.

I have tried the following methods to date, Installed KB888111 update as ''supposedly'' REQUIRED. Installed the following driver from realtek http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false .... This is before installing the original REALTEK audio driver. I still have no sound whatsoever..... Anyone know where i can actually download this file from??

Craig

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

i had the same prob, i was using win2k and ran find drivers from windows update and it found it... have you given that a try

3. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

And what would this entail??? Cheers

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  4. Mr.Cheeks

go to device manager > select device > right click > selectr update driver > select install from specifc location > windows update... its along those lines anyway

5. Mr.Cheeks

failing that good chance it will be in driversguide.com, register and download the driver.