1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attending an Interview/Assesment

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by playaz, May 27, 2005.

1. playaz

playaz Bit Poster

Hi guys,

I have seen a junior developer role looking for graduates in the Midlands. The advert states no experience is needed as full training is given - it is for .Net as there is a massive shortfall of qualified .Net programmers/engineers.

Having spoken to the guy in recruitment he tells me that the job involves 6 months training (partially funded by themselves however the applicant also contributes to the cost). After the initial six month period, they make their final selection, I believe they want 20+ people for the department.

The job looks very a good prospect, I have to go for an initial interview & assesment next week (i hate those things!!) but I may as well give it a go. The worse they can tell me is 'no' of course. I have only had 1 previous 'technical assesment' albeit on a smaller scale - however its clear this is going to be quite a stringent assesment. Has anyone else been to these before, and what else can I expect.

If anyone wants to know the company is 'ICS London'.

WIP: A+
  2. KeithNN

KeithNN Byte Poster

Erm, I think you'd better do a search for ICS London in CertForums first.... :eek:
    Certifications: MCSA/MCSE, MCDST, MOS Mstr, Sec+,Net+,A+
    WIP: 70-284
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

never heard of a company making you partially fund the training, seems like a bit of a scam
    Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. KeithNN

KeithNN Byte Poster

That seemed to be the general concensus in the thread...

I remember reading it a few days ago and feeling miffed that the firm appeared to be cashing in on the ICS name.
    Certifications: MCSA/MCSE, MCDST, MOS Mstr, Sec+,Net+,A+
    WIP: 70-284