ASP Help desk, auth or email.... (Liberum)

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by ManicD, Feb 6, 2008.

1. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

ok, i have the liberum help desk setup, its based on ASP with an access database.

there are two servers being used

server 1 - server 2003 - Domain controller
    server 2 - exchange server - member server

now we tried installing the help desk on teh exchange server, all was well and good, the three admins could use it fine, everythighn we did was fine and dandy, we rolled it out to a few members of staff for testing and none of them could log in.

it appears they can access teh files fine, but teh ASP website cant auth normal users with using teh windows intergrated auth that is enabled but CAN auth the domain admin group.

so, after much hassel we moved the site to teh 2003 server, now all users can auth fine, but teh ASP website cant send the e-mails. we followed a set of instructions designed for a W2k and excahneg setup but something is missing and it wont work.

This is the adaptaion i tried:
    http://www.liberum.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3656&SearchTerms=case+5

i belive its some issue with teh forwarding thats been setup, unfortnatly i've little experience with mail and exchange, so this is new ground to me.

If anyone has ANY ideas no matter how far fetched as to how to get it working on either server, it would be muchly appreciated.

Ash

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I have a heavly hacked Liberum helpdesk that I've added too and customised and it works great for me but using an SQL data source rather than the ms database, I use ASPEmail to send mail trough our exchange server with no hasstle. The only config that was needed on the exchange server was to add the IP of the web server to the recive connector.

HTH

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

I've not tried ASPEmail.

do i need anything extra to run it?
    how do i sort the recive connector?

sorry but i lack any knowledge on exchange yet, i'm consentrating on other areas of study to spend time learning too much exchange at the mo.

cheers for your help

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  4. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

also, what "hacks" do you have in place on your liberum.

i've played about a little added a few modifications that other people have created and written my own short addition (allows reps to post a message on users main page before they try to submit a problem)

i'm interested if you have anythign useful you would recomend adding, if you want to send me codes and files my username at hotmail dot com

cheers ash

5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

sorry for the delay, yeah for ASPEmail you need to download the components, if you look in the readme.txt that comes with the package there is a bit of help there. You can download the compnent from www.aspemail.com and the install instructions are on the site I think (its been a while).

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...