Argggggghhhhhhh i' ve started

Discussion in 'A+' started by bootneck1, Feb 2, 2009.

1. bootneck1

bootneck1 Bit Poster

Well i took everyones advice and decided to do the A+, i have just ordered the 2 main books that i need, a little nurvous but excited, this could be the start of something plus me and the Mrs want to emigrate to canada in the next few years (its ok for her she is a nurse where i have just left the marines with no real qualifications except for doing close protection in hostile places, yea the money is good but i cant do it all my life lol) so i have my books for my weapons and you guys as my mentor, wish me the best of luck and i shall keep you all informed on my progress

Peace out

Certifications: SDH, PONS,AIR BLOWN FIBER SYSTEMS
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

good luck, don't worry about the A+ you'll be ok.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

The A+ is an entry level cert, much of it you'll probably know already, you'll be suprised!

Good luck with your studies :biggrin

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  4. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

With those tools, you can't go wrong. :D Do take a look at our self study guides, and our members' tips and such. I'm sure you'll find all you need.

Good luck.

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Good luck on your studies. :)

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. bootneck1

bootneck1 Bit Poster

OK the books should arrive tomorrow , i can take in infomation pretty fast anyway, but my question is should i really look at getting a computer to mess around on, if so what kind of spec should i be looking at and also is it essntial that i get one cause as i said i dont work at the moment so dont really want to spend money on un-neccessery things

Certifications: SDH, PONS,AIR BLOWN FIBER SYSTEMS
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

if you want to practice messing about get a cheap one from a recycling center or pawn shop or ebay/local classified section in your paper. As long as it has windows xp (xp professional would be better) on it then that will do.

It doesn't have to be amazing as long as it runs ok.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I suppose you could work on your "production" machine, but if something goes wrong and you can't fix it...oops. If you can, just get something cheap you can practice with and don't mind hosing if it comes down to it.

Certifications: A+ and Network+