Are you doing anything for Halloween?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by JK2447, Oct 30, 2009.

1. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

Well i am working

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

No.

:knife:gun:asthanos:noway

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

lol I will be doing the same

I am getting hammered to but just on the old wife beater, lucky I aint got a wife :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

The kids here are fine. My daughter went with some of the other younger kids in the street, accompanied by a couple of the older teenagers, who are very responsible, and done a great job, which I'm sure is much appreciated by the parents. However, I know that we are very lucky, and only a few streets away, little yobs are creating havoc.

The kids have all made there way home now, and we're just picking through the sweets, removing all the ones that are 'poisonous for kids', but are fine for adults :D

Certifications: HND Computing
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Dude I used to make 200 squid a night trick or treating as a kid, as well as a years worth of sweets and a few beers!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I'm lucky that I live on a hill that goes nowhere.
    Not many can muster the enthusiasm to come up here...

...just to get boiling oil poured over them. Again.

7. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

We have problems when the idiots from closer to Lincoln decide to wander up the hill; however, touch wood, we've only had a few tiny tots and Alex's schoolmates round tonight. You're right, it's the bloody teenagers who cause the problems, hammering on the door at all hours.

Just Bonfire Night to go now, and then we can relax. :dry

8. GiddyG

"Ooh, not the red ones... they're bad for you. I'll get rid of them..." 8)

9. GiddyG

You must have been one of the ones scaring the old dears ****less... :blink:twisted:

10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I've found in the past that an effective response to 'TRICK OR TREAT' from some scabby kids is to open the door wide and say 'Ooh, TREAT - please come in' with a big wink.

If that doesn't get rid of them, as they step inside you let your face fall and say 'Oh, sorry, I meant trick' in your best possible Hannibal Lecter voice.

Usually works.

:dry

11. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Lol. A mate of mine gets pigs and lambs hearts and brains from the butchers for his staffie. I was so tempted to ask him for a couple, and leave them on the windowsill, with some raspberry ice cream sauce, to keep the little blighters away, but the other half wouldn't let me:(

Certifications: HND Computing
  12. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Got work in the morning so im staying in. Just gonna watch 2nd season of lie to me and start watching true blood if its not to late. :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  13. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Helps if you dress the part...

[​IMG]

14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'll have plenty of sweets to choose from when the boys bring back their hauls. mmmmm... :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. BosonMichael

Never gotten money for Halloween... must be a UK thing! :blink

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  16. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Got back from Farmagedon. It was really good, loads of scary stuff going on but I couldn't stop laughing at my girl who kept screaming ha ha

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  17. GiddyG

It's alright for some! We had 4 mini Twix left, and Julie and Alex had two each... leaving me a big fat zero. :x

So, I walked the g/d round to the local Co-op at 9:45pm, and grabbed a Dubble bar. Ate it on the way home, so they couldn't nick any. 8)

18. BosonMichael

Between the boys, I think they racked up something like 26 mini Snickers bars. And that's just Snickers... they've got a variety of other goodies as well. But Daddy's not gonna go hungry, that's for sure!!! 8) I told them that the Daddy Monster raids their candy at night. :twisted: Muhahahaha!!!!