Are there ANY good online training providers out there ???

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Neutrino, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Neutrino

Neutrino New Member

Hi guys,

Im a newby here as im doing some research on getting into the IT industry.

I have done a fair bit of reading on the forum so far and I guess its best I ask my questions in a new thread in the appropriate section however ill mention it here just incase anyone has any quick answers.

Ill try and keep it brief.... Im looking to do the A+ and MCITP Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 entry level qualifications in order to get myself an entry level help desk job (as fast as humanly possible) at which point I will study further whilst gaining experience in the industry.

Ive read all about which training providers are NOT worth looking at as well as all about self study and brain dumps etc.

My question is this.

Are there ANY known TRIED & TESTED on-line training providers that are worth looking at?

and...

Is it realistically possible to get those entry level qualification within 6-8 weeks (as most claim) without the braindump technique but rather proper learning, be it self study or online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

2 Things, 1 you dont need certs to get a Job in IT, you need a combination of luck, perseverance, good people/soft skills and a CV which is well written (and ideally tailored to the job), so get applying now :)

Secondly certs are really there to demonstrate competance with technolgies, the EDA is 2 exams which require a heck of a lot of knowledge, and some commercial experience.

The A+ on the other hand definately is a good starting point, Its possibly that your 6-8 weeks would just to study for that, as obviously we dont know your competency level.

My advice, do the A+. check out these vids Professor Messer's Free 220-70x CompTIA A+ Training Course | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Certification Training and also this book Mike Meyers' CompTIA A+ Certification Passport, Fourth Edition Exams 220-701 & 220-702: Amazon.co.uk: Michael Meyers: Books

Also if you do buy the book from amazon, check out the Book Store link above, think the site gets a bit of cashback if you buy it through there :)

Then Maybe look at the 70-680 and 70-685 exams, but be warned they are quite indepth!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
    Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. certnerd

certnerd Bit Poster

Whilst doing my CCNA at a college running the Cisco Network Academy I noticed Cisco do an online/classroom course called IT Essentials. I did CCNA so can't vouch for the course, but check out a local college running the academy program and ask em.