are routers sufficient to connect to the Internet?

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by kobem, Jan 27, 2011.

1. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Me neither, It gives a bad first impression to anyone who has just stumbled upon the forum. Seeing someone getting slated or what looks like bullied by internet hardmen to what at first glance appears to be an innocent question.

Don't ge me wrong, a sarcastic answer to his question was the first thing that popped in to my head but any new members may be put off from posting, thinking that they'll get the same response whilst being unaware of the history behind the O.P and previous advice offered.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  2. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

you may be right but i don't think you have any idea about how hard getting a pretty nice business experience
    in such a country.

Certifications: CCNA
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Actually I disagree with that, each country that has international business has the opportunity to gain the experience, they just need to be determined enough.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

True, think the admins need to fix that :D

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am not being funny daniel08 but you haven't been here as long as me and I haven't been here as long as Fergal but we all have tried to help Kobem with his questions and he doesn't listen. even though we know he wont listen we still tried to help him and as you can see after a while it just become tiresome.

We have tried to point out to Kobem that he needs to learn the basics of networking as he seems to lack that knowledge but then he claims there aren't any bookshop in Turky or he has no money to buy them and he cannot lend any money of his parents or a friend. Then we get to a point of thinking is this guy wanting us to teach him for free or do his homework for him and that makes the issue worse.

Now put the shoe on the other foot if you had someone asking you the same question in different ways every now and then wouldn't you get a little bit pissed off?

Sure you can ignore him but still this is a forum that is supposed to help other people but when that person wont listen to advice or take notice of what anyone says then eventually the people trying to help that person will get a little sceptical about even bothering with advice and give him a bit of stick instead. That may not be the best way to go about it but when all else fails what can you do?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Correct up until the last line. I am not going to get into a debate about this. You, the members, have all tried to help Kobem. However just because everytime, and I mean everytime you guys try to help him, he either does not understand or just plain refuses your advice. If it was me giving the advice, I wouldn't start taking the mickey out of him, to me that's just pain rude. I would however, choose not to reply or offer any other advice to him. JMHO

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

I was about to type out a reply, but AJ said exactly what i would have said.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  8. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

One day he may be a CCIE and you will all be asking him questions! You never no :ohmy

4 years ago I would have laughed my "whats a network?" head off if you said I would be in I.T now lol

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  9. greenbrucelee

I will probably get an infraction for this and I dont want to start a flame war or an argument but I was wondering daniel are you trying to become a mod?

10. danielno8

Do you honestly believe i may be trying to become a mod? Or is this your roundabout way of telling me i should not give my opinion on things around here?

Either way, if i see posts i don't agree with, i will give my opinion. Couldn't really care either way how you react to it.

11. greenbrucelee

Not at all, give your opinion that is what a forum is for.

And yes your entitled to your opinion. Now like I said I don't want to start and argument and this will be my last comment but You do sometimes come across as saying that people can have an opinion but only if its the same as yours.

Whilst some comments towards Kobem have been harsh sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind and beating around the bush doesn't work. Everyone has free speech and whilst you may not agree with what people say and think they should follow your way of thinking is not correct.

Like I said this is my last comment.

12. danielno8

I don't know where you have got this idea. The only thing i have gave my opinion on in here is people taking the piss out of Kobem. I understand everyones frustrations on here with Kobem.

You gave your opinion on where he was going wrong, and i agreed with everything you said right up to where you said that when all that fails, basically he is fair game for having the piss taken out him. This bit i disagree with as i see no benefit which will come from it. Your argument was that everyone now is just a bit pissed off with his threads/posts. What i don't get is why the next step is not avoiding his posts rather than purposely entering just to take the piss.

To clarify though, you can have your opinion on the matter. I have shared mine, you have shared yours, and we can leave it at that.

13. bazzawood30

bazzawood30 Byte Poster

How can you pass a ccna and not know that you need the appropiate interface card csu/dsu or modem for the connection type to connect to the service provider.

Certifications: ECDL,A+,N+,CCENT,CCNA,MCP,MCDST
  14. ethernet0

ethernet0 Byte Poster

It's truly shocking...

15. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Give the guy a break for crying out loud. :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  16. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Sparky, you've overdosed on them certs mate! Most likely at the expense of drumming...shame on you!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  17. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

hee hee! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  18. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

According to you, did i actually say something like i couldn't learn things you mentioned above?

Certifications: CCNA
  19. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I think the point that you deliberately seem to be missing, is that if you had the knowledge and experience necessary to pass a CCNA, you wouldn't be asking such basic questions about networking concepts. Which could only lead to the next obvious conclusion as to how you managed to pass it, assuming of course that you actually did ... we only have your say so on that.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada