Are getcertify4less cheapest A+ ?

Discussion in 'A+' started by tallphil, Jun 8, 2007.

1. tallphil

tallphil Bit Poster

Hi, I've just joined your marvellous forum. I''d like to know the cheapest way to take the 601 and 602 exams in GB. I have both Pearson VUE and Prometric test centres nearby, so I'll go for the cheapest.

Searching the forum I see www.getcertify4less.com discount vouchers are recommended - but the thread is a year old. Their international vouchers are $144, which at current exchange is a bit under £80 per exam. They seem to offer Pearson only, not Prometric.

Prometric list price on their website is £108 per exam. Despite much clicking I can't find the single exam prices on the Pearson website - only volume discounts. But I called a local Pearson centre and they said about £150. Why so much more than Prometric I wonder?

Anyway, my main question is, are www.getcertify4less.com cheapest for UK-valid vouchers? Any other issues I need to consider?

Thanks, Phil.

WIP: A+
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

One oddity between the two test companies is that one charges VAT, the other one doesn't. Quite how this is I have no idea!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

They seem to be - I haven't come across cheaper. Sometimes they have special offers on short-time limited vouchers and that can save you $10-20 sometimes - works out around £10 cheaper.

There are other voucher sellers out there but these guys have a good reputation.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I thought the exams were £108 each:rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

If you buy an International voucher you don't have to pay any Vat.

If you pay via their web site you do!:(

Not sure how it works, but worked fine for me last time.:biggrin

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Sometimes preplogic offer some good deals (once in a while, sometimes cheaper than getcertifiedforless), but you have to sign up to their newsletter.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. tallphil

tallphil Bit Poster

Many thanks all - I think I'll go with getcertifyforless then.

Phil.

8. tallphil

tallphil Bit Poster

I went ahead and got two vouchers from getcertify4less for £151and scheduled my 601/602 exams with them. This saves £100 compared to VUE full prices.

The process is fairly painless, the one unusual thing is that getcertify4less will only send the vouchers once they've spoken to you on the phone. If you miss their call (and they don't tell you to expect it) you have to call them back in the USA and pay to listen to their enchanting hold music for a few minutes. The guy you eventually speak to just wants to hear your voice. An anti-hacking policy I suppose.

Phil.

9. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I haven't had any one phone me before??? :blink They took my money and the voucher code arrived by e-mail within 6 hours or so.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  10. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Pitty, Preplogic was offering a deal that ended Friday, buy their practice exams for $99 (approx £50.83 exchange rate on Thursday) and get the exam voucher for free. But you've still saved money.

Good luck with your studies :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security