Arcade Games

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by reddevil12, Mar 3, 2011.

1. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Hey guys, I was on my PS3 the other night and I came across Dragon's Lair to download :D:D:D
    Now this was a very popular game in the 80's and I was wondering what your fave arcade games were from the distant past........ I liked the above game and also track and field :biggrin:biggrin:biggrin aaahhh happy days.......

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  2. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

I was only born in the early 80s so only really started gaming on the Commodore C64. There were quite a few games such as Silkworm, James Pond and Rainbow Island to remember a few.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  3. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

I was born in 86, so dont have a great deal of knowledge of games before that! i do remember my commadore 64 however - and having terminator on it, Loved that game!!

On another note, it was 20 years ago that street fighter 2, and streets of rage was released - awwwwwwesome games! :D

Megabomberman will go down as my all time fav :D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
    Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Now THAT is a classic, I use to absolutely love that game... ahhh the good old days!! :D

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

I still have a megadrive and megabomberman - it usually comes out when the drinks are flowing with a few mates.

Plenty of Beer and a 4 player game make for hours of entertainment! :D

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

In the arcades you couldn't beat operation wolf, final fight and afterburner (in one those machines that went upside down n stuff).

As for home games there were so many.

Knight lore
    Bloodwych
    Renegade
    Target renegade
    Monty Mole
    Carrier Command
    Paper Boy
    Ik+
    Yie ar Kung Fu
    Elite
    Speed King (you would think its a motor racing game but its a horse racing game)
    Daley Thompson Decathlon
    Saboteur
    Cobra
    Ikari Warriors
    Green Beret
    Bionic commando

I could go on for a long time.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I have many fond memories of Atari games in the arcade and on the atari 2600 and 800. I remember games like Pitfall, Q-bert, Pac-Man of course, Galaga, Space Invaders, Asteroids, Breakout, Defender, and many more.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  8. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

streets of rage, had many hours of fun playing that on my megadrive :thumbleft
    does anybody remember shinobi :D another good un
    Also a real blast from the past wonderboy 3 (loved this game) had it on a master system which was before the megadrive :D:D:D:D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680