1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aptitude Test

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Peter, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Peter

Peter Byte Poster

Hi Guy's, I am going for a Job interview on Tues and I am going to get an aptitude test, does anyone know any good sites that are free and up to date, so that I can practice.:D

Certifications: Elec & Eelc Eng A+
    WIP: CCNA-CCNP
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

When you say Aptitude Test what do you mean?

Is it going to be a technical test to see how well you could do the job, or a general knowledge test?

3. Peter

Peter Byte Poster

This is all I know,

Aptitude Test

This will be a single 30 minute test. It is designed to help inform us of your aptitude with respect to working within Information Technology.

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Aptitude tests can cover a lot of things.
    Like what he said, they could be technical tests to see if you know your stuff, or they could be more of a general test to see what basic level of intellignce you've got.
    Often they test basic language skills and your ability do do fairly simple maths without a calculator.
    Some psychometric tests can reveal a lot about your character by asking scenario based questions etc.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Not very specific then!

It could cover anything then from how to un jam a Printer, to troubleshoting an installation.

Try and keep all of your bases covered, i.e. make sure that you can corectly format a word document, right the way through to resloving HW confilcts.

I'm sure that you will have nothing to worry about.

Good Luck! :thumbleft

6. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

You can't practice for an aptitude test. A person either has aptitiude for something or they don't. It's something you're born with. There's just no way around an aptitude test because there are no "right" answers. It's just a reflection of who you are.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  7. Peter

Peter Byte Poster

Ok thanks for your help on this, cheers,:D

8. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

I just had one today. The agent emailed me a link with a candidate number to put into the website, this is the site if anyone is interested:

http://www.proveit.com

I was expecting an 'across the board' technical profiency test, the test I got was Windows XP.

I must have guessed half the answers, they were asking questions about which hexidecimal values meant what in BSoD errors and other stuff like that. Some things I had never seen or heard of, let alone used in all the time I've worked with XP.

A lot of questions looked like they'd belong in an MS exam. I haven't taken the XP exam, haven't read any XP exam books for that matter, half of the stuff I could answer because of my working knowledge but the rest of it totally blindsided me.

Shame I was hoping to get an interview for that job but after that test I don't think I'll stand a chance..

I don't remember claiming to have an MCP in XP on my CV, I do state that my working knowledge is pretty good though....

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  9. ijnoi980j

ijnoi980j New Member

10. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

There's also Brainbench :)

-Ken

Wow, just saw when this post as posted :EEK

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip