1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apprenticeships

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by supernova, Jan 16, 2009.

1. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Be careful of apprenticeships that are advertised you shouldn’t have to pay for apprenticeship training :rolleyes:

I've seen a few on job sites lately

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  2. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Yes, the amazing apprenticeships that you have to pay £5000 for up front before being guaranteed that you'll walk into a £20,000 job on completion. Where's the catch? Well, the initial sign-up cost for a start plus the fact that NO COMPANY can 'guarantee' you a job.

With experience you roll an eyelid at this sort of thing. However, I remember when I was looking for work shortly after finishing college. I was naive and nearly signed up to a company advertising something similar.

They prey on the young (I'd like to think that no adult would be stupid enough to fall for this sort of con). :rolleyes:

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  3. adrian

adrian Nibble Poster

lol, when I was looking for cert training they all said a job guaranteed which I obviously took with a pinch of salt but the company Iv gone with actually say if they dont get me a job in about 3 months they will refund my entire course cost :D I cant really loose - if they get me a job - great, if they dont, well I wasnt really expecting them to anyway :P

Certifications: A+ N+