Apprentice job in Salisbury

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by UKDarkstar, Nov 10, 2009.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I agree. The assistance you might be providing to someone is worth taking the risk that someone might disagree with you. So what if someone disagrees with what you have to say? You could be helping someone get their start in IT!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

I would put my hand up and say I perhaps I contributed to the bickering and thread jacking, I apoligize :(

I would like to finish off by saying that If I could go back in time and I was still living with my parents I would have jumped at this oppurtunity, so for anyone who is looking for there 1st IT Job and has low living costs (living with parents perhaps) this is an Ideal starting platform! for a career in IT.

Great job to UKDarkstar for finding it!

(If there was some kind of reputation button I click beside your name then I would give Darkstar a rep :biggrin!)

(Edit: I have just found that button!! Reputation given :) ...)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
    WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Thanks m8 and no worries - you're relatively new to the forums and I wasn't having a personal "pop" at anyone, just generalising.

There is a rep button by each post - top right on the header line where is says "was this post helpful?" :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

No need to apologise IMO. I didn't mean I thought anyone's comments were correct or not, just that the thread was to promote a job and thats all. Hopefully UKDS can find a few more like this because its encouraging to see something other than highly paid architect jobs about

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

you have to click on the one next to my name, and type the name of the person who you wish to rep in the comments section and press submit! that should then rep whoever you chose.

on topic, it's an opportunity for somebody, but i think the comments made are valid to help somebody understand what they need to consider (pay etc)

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  6. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

so... A discussion on the merits of the job, be they on the merits of the salary on offer, etc, are "thread jacking" and "bickering"? Hmmmm. you know, theres a definition of a forum. Fairly sure it includes (oh look, I'm right) "discussion".

No-one has said that the job isnt suitable to certain people, but the scope of those people are narrow, and we were discussing just that.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  7. JK2447

Like you just said, this is a forum. I have an opinion as do you. Nothing else to say

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

True, you both have opinions. But just because Fergal disagrees with you doesn't mean he's jacked the thread. To the contrary, it was entirely on topic. Thread jacking is when you discuss something irrelevant to the thread which derails the original discussion. His comments were relevant to the original discussion.

What YOU have done by opening up a discussion of thread jacking is... aha!... jacked the thread. As have I by continuing the discussion.

Come on, guys, these terms (thread jacking, trolling, neffing) have specific meanings. If you want to be understood, use the terminology correctly, or please, don't use it at all.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. JK2447

Perhaps I am in the wrong so I give up. I'll just read from now on because I haven't got the energy. Jim

10. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Great for a school leaver of 16 who has just finished GCSE's. Maybe 18 yo but doubtful most would go for the 95 a week. When you can earn that at tesco in two days.

A few years of work experience and a cert or two will put someone in good sted by their early 20's. Can always go on to Uni as well at that age.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  11. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yup, the uni thing aint too bad. Worked for me. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  12. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

I could not even get an apprenticeship in IT even with my grades and qualifications to many applicants. Now i do odd hours at an internet company and make that in about 14 hours.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  13. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

An apprenticeship will guarantee you on-the-job training, and often certification to a certain level paid for. There are often certain fringe benefits to what most would regard as an obscenely low wage. It is a great opportunity for the person with the right application, and situation to be able to take it up.

UKD - do you know of any sites that have these regularly, as I'd like to research apprenticeships as part of my YPG role - I won't catch all my young professionals at universities :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  14. GrumbleDook

GrumbleDook Byte Poster

15. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job