Apprenta

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Simms, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Simms

Simms New Member

Has anyone been on their program or have experience of them ?

www.apprenta.com

It seems that they offer some sort of real world work experience on their program but its not clear whether you study towards any certs. I'm guessing that you probably do looking at the careers that they look at getting you into.

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I've never seen anyone post info about them here before. It would be nice if they had an "about us" page so I could take a quick look at who they are. :dry

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

It says 'a proud member of ics london'
    From what I remember not very nice things were said about this firm.

4. Sarah

Sarah Byte Poster

Hmmm seems like they are offering the same things we have all heard before - never heard of them b4 and after 10 years in the industry that's suprising!

Initially I thought they were part of ICS - the people that do the distance learning couses.

It appears they are actually part of these guys http://www.icslondon.com/company.htm

i'm still no wiser!

5. Jase

Jase New Member

Hi
    I have just had a "telephone interview" with them, it was more of a sales pitch.

They basically want from you £6000 for training. They boast they can get you work, but this is NOT true. No company can guarantee an outside person work if they complete training. What about personality, convictions, disability, litigation and intellectual property.

I did not feel confident about how they handled the interview nor do I trust them with my money. But that is my own opinion.

I suggest that if you are considering learning for a .NET certification that you consider all other options first basically.

Bonne chance!

6. kaydee_75

kaydee_75 New Member

Hi, I am new to this forum. Like a few others, I paid some money upfront to Apprenta and was even given a written guarantee that rest will be paid after I get an IT job.
    Now, its more than a year since the contract was signed, Apprenta people are not willing to honour that and are after me for the rest of the money, threatening legal action. Has anyone else been in this kind of situation?
    If anyone is taking some action or has some info pl contact me at kaydee_75[at]hotmail[dot]com. Thanks in advance.