1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Applying for new jobs..

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by 5aq1b, Jul 18, 2007.

1. 5aq1b

5aq1b Bit Poster

Having used the sticky to write my Cv, i can say that it has made a real big difference and i do get more interviews than before.

However, is there any sticky (can't see any) which shows how to write a decent Cover letter?

I've attached mine for people to have a look at. I have a feeling i rumble on a little.

Can this be changed?

Attached Files:

2. Zid

Zid New Member

I would upload my current template too but nobody would gain anything except validation, as it appears to be very similar to yours.

I wouldn't say you're waffling at all, however I would say you should consider changing:
    "...and welcome the opportunity to demonstrate my potential in person."

To "I would like to contact you to follow up this application using the telephone number provided, I would like to do so on [Date] at [Time]. Please contact me either by the telephone number(s) provided or via e-mail if this is a problem"

I also feel "hear your response" is a little overused, and seing as it's the closing sentence it doesn't hurt to be a bit different and use "recieving your response" as a substitute. It just feels more pro-active to me, and that's how I want to come across.

Certifications: GCE-A Level
    WIP: A+ MCDST