Application stuff

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, Jan 22, 2011.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Now my mate from uni has been on facebook telling people what questions he got on his form. Now as its a graduate job hes gone for, im thinking he may have shot himself in the foot with this reply

Also told a funny in the application to show I have a sense of humour lol

The question:
    ...The environment here is evolving and the ability to adapt to change is crucial. You will need to support change initiatives, understand the impact of change on people and on processes.

Describe for us a time when you have experienced an unexpected change and you were required to take on new tasks and responsibilities.
    Situation and Task - How did this change come about? Why was this change necessary? (Maximum 150 words)

Becoming a Father has brought an unexpected change to my life. Since my daughter was born, a lot of change has occurred, I have taken on more responsibilities, and even set myself goals that will help her grow as an individual.

Actions - How did you adapt to your new responsibilities? (Maximum 150 words)

No two days are the same and every day brings change in this role. Responsibilities also need to change to keep up with her. She is learning new skills daly and you can see her advancement. I adapt because I am familiar with the role as Father and understand her growing needs. I also talk to her Mother and discuss how we face major obstacles like screaming, hitting herself and even refusal to eat.

Result - What would you do differently next time? (Maximum 150 words)

I wouldn't change a single thing in my role as Father. My daughter is healthy, funny and intelligent. Every day is a learning curve and it keeps me on my toes. This allows me to improve as a human being. If you pushed me for an answer, I would probably give her less sweets!

Now he thinks thats funny and to be honest so do i, but i wouldnt put it on a form or a job, i thought they were meant to be aproached in a professional manner??? Or is tha just me??

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Just you

3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Change is change whether its in a professional or personal environment.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Seems like a good answer to me.