1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple iMac requiring OS X Install

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shadowwebs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I've had an iMac delivered to the office with a faulty hard drive, not bootable at all by any means. They need a new copy of OS X Mavericks installing but we have no copies of this so I need to get hold of one I can put on a bootable USB.

Any ideas where I start with this? All the guides I am finding at the minute point to downloading OS X Mavericks before formatting the hard drive.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hmm unless you got another mac downloaded the OS from the store on that mac and mate it a bootable usb? I know very little about macs but im fairly sure you can download the OS from the store so doing so on another mac might work.

WIP: A+
  3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Who delivered this or where did you buy it from? Surely they should provide you with a new copy of the OS?

Do you not have a mac server in your office you can just image the machine?

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  4. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Juelz, yes this is correct but unfortunately the other imacs at the minute are running earlier versions... to be honest, I may just need to go down to that route.

ZX... no mac server, were running a bit behind with the times.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)