Apple certs

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by new2it, Oct 14, 2011.

1. new2it

new2it New Member

hi all. I have been reading this forum on apple certs. I am new to IT and i would like to know that what kind of jobs can you get with an apple certification. Also, do they expire? What is the chain of certs with apple like for ex cisco is CCNA, then CCNP, then CCIE. someone wrote that there is a free pdf guide we can get from apple site to study for the exam. does anyone have the link? I am thinking if going into networking. Do i need an apple cert? i just don wanna do a cert to "look good" if i really don need it.

2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Apple related jobs are basically computer technicians working in an Apple environment. Supporting users who use macs. Support apple-based infastructure and servers.

Let me google that for you

Well, depending on your networking role, it depends how much server support you will be doing. If you are getting involved with server stuff, is it running Mac Server?

You don't sound like you've read into certifications much, so I'll say this. Don't do a Cisco course if you haven't used Cisco. While some people have gained jobs with no experience and just a certification, Cisco certifications are designed to be used alongside your knowledge/experience.

Have you looked into CompTIA A+ or N+, that is pretty much the IT career starting point. While you're doing those, get yourself a junior/helpdesk role and work into Networking.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
    Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010