Apple Certified Macintosh Technician Certification

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Darkfunnyguy, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

I am planning studying the Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) Certification soon after I have done Vista. What I want to know is have anyone who have done this course used the Applecare Technician Training product as shown in the link below:

http://www.ballicom.co.uk/software/training-courses/applecare-technician-training--webbased-training.p308686.html

Are there books used in the product?, if they are would be any of these books as I do not want to spend 170 pounds on the Applecare Technician Training product as yet shown in the links below please?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Desktop-Portable-Systems-Apple-Training/dp/0321455010/ref=pd_ys_qtk_wl_t?ie=UTF8&coliid=I26J0AQZ3WYK9P&colid=2POVC1IT2XUSZ&pf_rd_p=217325391&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_i=home&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1ECAY487FPHXRGGKFN83

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mac-Support-Essentials-Apple-Training/dp/0321489810/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

Your help would be most appreciated. :):):):)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: Server+, Vista,
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I was also looking into Apple Certifications, however as there is no local Prometric testing centre (and the fact I'm taking a break from studying) I've put this on hold.

Why do you want to do the ACMT certification? Considering that you have to sit 2 exams and the certification is only valid for a year

Surely the ACSA, ACSP and/or the ACTC, which are valid for the life of that version of the product, would be a better choice?

There are books that are available if you do not want to spend that much on the web based course, see here from an example or do a search on Amazon (and the like), they normally have a good selection :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

4. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

5. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

You can buy training kits from apple direct, just don't expect there sales centres to know anything about them , absolutely treble pre sales around them. I also looked into this.

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots