Apple certification

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by HMSPresident, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Cant see it either... :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Me neither, anyway I think this guy wont be back anyhow unless my the phsycic abilities are wrong, my bosses seem to think I know what jobs I have to do when there are no job sheets available :blink

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

God that was weird. First time I've seen it here. Get it all the time on other forums I use but this is usually such a tolerant place. I suppose to an ignorant fanboy it would seem that holding a microsoft qualification would make me a fanboy. Well I wish him best of luck with his career. If anyone has examples of previous threads that have hijacked by trolls I'd like to read some of them. Always find it best to ignore these types. Request that thread be closed pls admins

Oh and I'm actually doing this on a mac LOL

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Hi Skulker
    We generally don't close threads unless they get out of hand, the systems we have in place seem to of scared this user off for now, and as you were not the initial poster of this thread its probably not right that you request it to be closed!, there are plenty of threads buried on the forum that go so off topic that some random shill shows up, but we like to think they are a low percentage compared to the number of quality posts available

I'm writing this for a Mac too :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. skulkerboyo

Shhh Bill Gates will hear you then the jigs up:blink

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Never marry an operating system. It does funny things to your attitude. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Logicum

Logicum Bit Poster

Hi all.

My first post here :oops:

I am presently studying for the OS X Server Essentials (10.4 track) exam and wondered if there were any exam simulations out there (bona fide ones) that I could use to track my progress through the studies and kind of feel my way as to whether I am ready to take the test or not?

There are plenty of these by reputable companies for Windows Server (Transcender etc) but I don't see any for OS X Server exams. Am I missing something or is this going to be a case of "suck it and see"?

Many thanks,

Logicum

WIP: Many
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, there's not a lot of demand for Apple certification training products (simply because there's a lack of techs interested in Apple certification). And when there's no demand, legit practice exam providers can't afford to develop training products for them - they'd lose money doing so.

Not saying that Apple certification isn't worth getting... anything that sets you apart from your competition is helpful. I'm only saying that there aren't enough people pursuing the certification to make a training product profitable (or even break-even).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Logicum

Logicum Bit Poster

Sorry- just realised you had replied. I think you are correct, but need to take this route alongside my MS one because my company have a huge Apple installed base and have appointed me as the new administrator :oops:

Thanks for your help- appreciated!

10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Hey, if you support Apple gear, it's certainly worth pursuing!! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. skoops

skoops New Member

I just passed the ACSP test today at my local prometric center, and I must say... it was _REALLY EASY_ - If you want to get a quick new and shiny certificate for your office wall, you could get the book from peachpit press on Mac OS X Support Essentials, read it for a week or so and then go and take the exam. If you're already working with macs for, let's say, over 6 months, the reading time gets reduced to two days. :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, ACSP
    WIP: ACTC
  12. skulkerboyo

I'll be doing Mac os x support essentials soon. Got my book:biggrin

13. Logicum

Logicum Bit Poster

Yes- I started studying the Tiger version (ACHDS) last year but thought it would be better to go with the Leopard release (ACSP) this year. I think I was right- work will be migrating to Leopard real soon! Have any of you taken the sample question test found on Apple's site?

Good luck with your studies!

14. Bruins

Bruins Bit Poster

Hello All, it's been a long time since I have been here.
    I just got my first Mac & I'm looking for some possible help with any issues that may come up.

Looking to find a good discussion forum about Mac.
    I have used this site in the past with Windows & found it to be a great forum.

Also if this is the wrong spot for posting please point me into the wright spot.

Thank you

15. Logicum

Logicum Bit Poster

Hi,

You could try the Apple web site- especially the http://discussions.apple.com pages for help and advice on all things Mac. There are a great bunch of people on those forums who will be willing to answer any questions you have.

Hope that helps!

16. Bruins

Bruins Bit Poster

I've been on that site, asked 2 questions & not one answer.
    Thanks for your input Logicum.