Anyway to make the vmware training any cheaper!?

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by dales, Aug 14, 2009.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I'm interested in doing the secure,deploy 4 day course so I can take the VCP exam, as you probably know all in all its about 2k anywhere you take. I dont suppose anyone knows of any vouchers promotions etc to make it cheaper as I going to fund the course myself.

I am going to contact the place hosting the course and see what they say but just wondered if any CFers had any ideas.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Don't know if these guys are any good, their courses are about £1750, still expensive imo, but cheaper than the £2k courses elsewhere...

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Eh. whos guys!?

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

D'oh, these guys :)

Looks like if you can make it Monday they have a seat on their course for £1250

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

if you are not fussed about the course attendance requirement for the VCP (ie, you dont want to take it) then you can do the courses a lot cheaper

VMWare are pretty draconian with their training and their trainers, we were thinking of getting me up to speed as a VMWare trainer to offer courses but VM would of required that almost 50% of my time be allocated to 'them' for them to send me wherever they wanted to run courses, I think not!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Thx Phoenix, I actually want to do the VCP though as I am using esx alot at work (nobody else dare touch them) so I might as well get the t-shirt. The cost of the course seems to be what it is and I dont really mind paying it (as I'm hoping that and other certs will pay me back and then some as I move jobs), just thought I'd throw it out there to see if there are any discounts available. Dont ask dont get!

7. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

nothing wrong with spending money on your personal development mate, one of the best investments you can make
    just be sure to spend some cash on a home lab too ;)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  8. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

got a couple of dell sc440's with esxi on them, so will have to see about some kinda esx trial versions coupled with virtual center. but yes lab bases are reasonably covered. Not quite as extensive as zeb's mind you!

Work said I could nab a couple of the physical servers I've virtualised as well for "testing" purposes.

9. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

We use www.qa.com for our training at work.

I think, that if you phone the provider up and explain that your looking to do a course, but can be flexible in relation to dates, they will *probably* fit you onto a course to make the numbers up at some point.

Be cheeky, what harm can it do?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5