1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anything worth seeing in Dubai?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BraderzTheDog, Nov 23, 2013.

1. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

Hi guys (and gals ofcorse!)

I'm wondering if theres anything thats a must see for those of you that have been to Dubai?

I'm off there in 2 weeks for 5 or 6 days, and just curious for some info from those that have been there before?

Cheers!
    Brad.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
  2. Arroryn
    Honorary Member

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed

Not been, but a colleague who was posted to the Dubai office of my old place for a week said the indoor ski slope is a must if you're visiting. Lots of fun, apparently.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. Binge Ronald

Binge Ronald New Member

Honestly please. Is it worth visiting? My boyfriend wants to go there for holiday. But I am not sure. I guess it's because I always prefer a "real" city like Paris, Rome, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Stockholm, and even London.

4. aurianluyz

aurianluyz New Member

an amazing place.
    :)

5. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Gold Souk......i didn't make it across there but my colleagues who did enjoyed it.

I can't remember the bar i sat at, but there was a nice bar where i had a beer while watching the water fountain show, would recommend that. Basically at the bottom of the Burg Khalifa (tallest building) and next to Dubai Mall.

I enjoyed mostly just walking around in amazement at the buildings! and eating the expensive food on expenses :)

enjoy!

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP