Anyone with Pitman Training

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by BVV, Nov 29, 2005.

1. BVV

BVV New Member

Hi

Has anyone did a course in Networking with Pitman training. Any information on that will be highly thankful.

many thanks
    BVV

Certifications: Network+ MCP CCNA
  2. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

i'm looking at their website.

which course in particular were you thinking of?

how much does it cost?

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  3. BVV

BVV New Member

Hi

I am trying to start from the basic Network+ and then advance. It depends on their training. If its good with practical execrise I am happy to pursue, I asked about it , they send me an attached PDF file regarding the various courses and options which I am attaching here. The course fees, they didn't say. I am trying to find out.

Many thanks
    BVV

Attached Files:

4. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

i wasn't able to find anything about them in terms of reviews.

i read a bit of that document, first of all the stuff at the beginning is irrelevant because computers weren't around in those days.

as it doesn't specify practical experience, i would assume there is none unless they tell you otherwise.

and keep in mind that you will have to do self study because that course is likely one week long, and they won't be able to teach you all you need to know within that time period.

just ask them bluntly about the hands-on, cost, if you will need a home lab, etc.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  5. BVV

BVV New Member

Yes, I already sent an email today and waiting for the reply.

BVV

6. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

this is a purely subjective unsubstantiated reply, but my gut feeling says pitman is better suited to secretarial study than technical. Time will tell I guess...

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  7. BVV

BVV New Member

Hi

Today , I got a reply from Pitman, the usual stuff, everything is online. If I go to the centre, they will give me a computer and I can use that to get online and study by myself.

The course fees are around 350 to 400 pounds per module and if taken as a bundle , a bit discount.

many thanks
    BVV

8. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

and I edited my post last night to remove the bit about the course being online.. typical! Forget online learning...

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  9. Daveed

Daveed New Member

Hello BVV, I'd like to know how did it go for you? did you find a job afterwards? Was the training hard? I'd like to start a training over there myself :)

10. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

The post was from 2005.

11. Daveed

Daveed New Member

I know, I have nothing to lose asking :)