Anyone used SkillSoft CBT training?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by ibexy, Sep 26, 2011.

1. ibexy

ibexy Bit Poster

I am considering doing SQL 2008 training with reed.co.uk. I understand they use Skillsoft for the training. I've never done any certification training via online before. How good is this? Is SkillSoft any good good for this course?

Certifications: ISTQB
    WIP: A+, PRINCE2
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Don't know about Skillsoft but out of all the training formats I've tried online has been by far the worst...

Some webcasts can be good but in general elearning tends to suck, I'd rather have a book...

Not only are books easier to read and more portable, but they can also be placed on the desk allowing you to use your computer at same time with less fuss.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I'd agree with dmarsh - I haven't used Skillsoft, but unless its classroom based, or recognised video CBT company - I've found it is pretty pants!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. ibexy

ibexy Bit Poster

Can you recommend any good CBT company please?

5. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  6. ibexy

ibexy Bit Poster

Thanks

7. jamesclimax

jamesclimax Nibble Poster

I work for HP and pretty much all the courses we have available to do (anything from in-house applications to MS, Oracle and Cisco stuff) is all Skillsoft and i've found them to be good, informative and also interactive as well

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS
    WIP: MCTS 70-659, Oracle, SQL, ITIL
  8. ibexy

ibexy Bit Poster

I've been looking at CBTNugget They seem to be very good and affordable

9. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

Train Signal is another CBT training that also is popular and very good to learn.:):)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: Server+, Vista,
  10. ibexy

ibexy Bit Poster

I have looked at both Trainsignal and CBNugget. I did a search on google and there seems to be issues with the videos being old. Has anyone done the 70-432 Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance exams with these videos recently?

11. mdavies

mdavies Bit Poster

i had the same opinion on CBT sites as well - too expensive and too light. however, i did have a great experience with bosscbt.tv and am looking forward to their next line of tutorials this autumn.

good luck!