Anyone thinking about/already studying IT Architecture?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Kitkatninja, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Guy's,

Was wondering if anyone here was studying/going to study IT Architecture? I know that there are vendor certs out there, like the MCA from Microsoft and the new CCA from Cisco. But you have to have been doing that job already for 10 years or more... I'm talking about something along the lines of the ISEB Intermediate Certificate in Enterprise and Solution Architecture.

I'm already thinking of the options of what to study next year (this year is fully booked with the management certs and maybe the 70-652: TS: Windows Server Virtualization, Configuring), and the above caught my eye.

Other certs that I was thinking about was a short course in IT Law, has anyone done something similar?

I'm pretty sure that I can self study the ISEB one, however does anyone know about any courses on the IT Law one? My manager from one of my previous employments went on one and said, while it was a bit boring, some parts were interesting.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Its something I'd certainly consider once I'm certified enough. IT Strategy, not architecture, is the key buzz word in our place and what all the Senior Management get sent on. Thats possibly because we already have our infrastructure planned out years in advance. In a few years I'll be more inclined to get my Masters before Architect status from a vendor but I think as time goes by, Architects will have more time to prove their worth in the industry as no doubt, if they are classed as higher than a CCIE, they will cost a small fortune to employ! Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I enquired of ISEB a while back and was told the IT Law course/book was currently being rewritten and was not available. Not heard any more on it and it doesn't seem to be listed at the moment.

We may hear more come September with the BCS overhaul.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. thugusher

thugusher New Member

sorry i know this was over a yr ago.. did you do the course in the end

Certifications: Bsc (Hons), ITIL V3, Unix fundamentals
  5. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Which one?

ISEB Intermediate Certificate in Enterprise and Solution Architecture - No, put that on hold while I did my management quals.

70-652: TS: Windows Server Virtualization, Configuring - Yes

IT Law - No, couldn't find a short course in IT Law.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. thugusher

thugusher New Member

ok cheers.. it was the ISEB one i was enquiring about.. nice one

Certifications: Bsc (Hons), ITIL V3, Unix fundamentals