Anyone Studying/Studied 70-290?

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by mufftak, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Good luck, Phil :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  2. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

Thanks Jakamoko. I see I have a CD with various Transcender tests on it so I'm gonna set about installing that as a preparation tool. They seem to be a very popular practice tool.

It would be nice to think that the questions I get in the retest would be very similar if not identicial to the ones I got first time round. I know I got one about using vb scripts to create and manage AD objects. Perhaps Loopy could tell me what variations in questions appeared in your tests?

Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)
  3. Loopy

Loopy Bit Poster

umm, I noticed actually that a few questions are repeated in these exams. The last one I did had lots on IIS, and physical disks. There is always loads on permissions and backups. Sorry I can't remember any actual questions, probably best just to do as many practice exams as you can.

Certifications: MCP 70-270
    WIP: MCSA Windows Server 2003
  4. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

Yes, I was surprised when I got the question on VB scripts because that doesn't seem to be even mentioned in the MOC for this exam. I didn't get anything on physical disks (that I remember anyway).

I've spent quite a bit of time on terminal server and disaster recovery for this time round. I remember last time I got a sim question on configuring SUS. I wonder whether there's any difference between taking the exam through Prometric and Vue. My training centre does the latter.

Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)
  5. Donnylad

Donnylad Banned

Admin Edit(J): Repeat content - removed

Certifications: A+ MCSA ITIL Prince2
    WIP: MSc in Management
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Donnylad, it seems you really like Computeach. Be that as it may, all seven of your posts to date have said nothing except singing their praises. Most of us post on a variety of subjects. While I'm delighted you are so happy with your training vendor, maybe it would be a good idea for you to vary your topics.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Bit Poster

Also doing 70-290 with computeach, used the MS press and learnkey cbt video training, failed the mock 1st attempt (78% - pass is 90% :eek: ), got 96% at 2nd attempt and doing the real exam on tuesday, Felt that the Thomson netg CT give you was pretty crappy.

Certifications: MCP (70-270)
    WIP: MCSA / MCSE 2003